Saturday, October 25, 2008

Applesauce!




My mom is typing my first post for me because it feels a little overwhelming to type a lot! I asked my mom if I could make applesauce out of apples with the caramel sauce we had. First, I cut up the apples. then, I smushed them up with the potato masher and added some caramel. Then, I put a little cinnamon in it. It tasted sooo good. The sad thing is there is only a little bit even though I used two apples. I hope lots of people comment on my new blog!

Emma said that sentence was wierd. (But I bet she does want comments!)

7 comments:

Lori Ann said...

Hello Emma,

It's Miss Lori. your favorite 4 year old teacher! lol

I make home made applesauce atleast 3 times a week for my boys...but I didn't think to use carmel. YUM! I think I will try your little trick!
Good post.
Miss Lori

Emma said...

Congratulations on being my first comment! You really were my favorite teacher! :)

Kaydub said...

Congratulations on your new blog!!! I'm so excited to hear all about your days!
When we get home from vacation - i have a big pile of apples waiting for me to do something with them - and you have inspired me to make applesauce. mmm, sounds so good.
I hear you have been doing some baking lately too! I can't wait to eat some of your cooking!

Grandma

Emma said...

Thank you,but who said you were coming to are house Kevin and Brenda Woods. :)

Kaydub said...

well, we are coming someday . . . : )

grandma

Kaydub said...

Emma Ries- WOW! your very own blog. My kids will be so excited to keep up with you. I am glad that your grandparents are here visiting so we can hear all about you and your family. Tell your parents "Hi!"
-shauna (makinna, lydii and cole's mom)

Guenther said...

Mash the apples in the pot you cooked them in. It makes less of a mess. I do not like cleaning up